Nancy’s Professional Bio
Nancy Lasater earned her MSW degree from the University of Minnesota in 1980. After working as an adolescent caseworker for two years at the Boulder County Department of Social Services, Nancy joined that agency’s Intensive Family Therapy Team in 1984. In her 27 years with that team, Nancy was trained in a comprehensive systemic approach as well as in DBT and EMDR. In 2010 Nancy launched her private practice in Longmont and Boulder, CO.
Nancy was trained in EMDR in 2008 and was certified in 2010; she is now an EMDRIA Approved Consultant. Her ongoing group and individual EMDR consultation has prepared her to treat simple and complex PTSD, with an emphasis on attachment issues and structural dissociation. Advanced weekend trainings include Mindfulness and EMDR with Julie Greene; Treating Children with EMDR from Drs. Robert Tinker and Sandra Wilson, Dr. Ana Gomez, Carolyn Settle and Dr. Robbie Adler-Tapia, and Debra Wesselman; the DeTur Model of Treating Addictions from Dr. Susan Brown and A.J. Popky; EMDR and Medical Issues with Carol Forgash; and the Feeling State Approach to Addictions with Dr. Robert Miller. She uses EMDR with the majority of her clients. (For a complete list of her advanced trainings, see below). Needless to say, Nancy is wild about how EMDR treats so many kinds of issues and does it so effectively.
In 2009 Nancy began working with active duty soldiers and their families at the Warrior Support Center in Colorado Springs, a clinic that served primarily active duty military from Ft. Carson. Her intense caring for the physical, emotional, and spiritual fallout from the military members’ numerous deployments have spurned her to specialize in PTSD treatment, TBI assessment and treatment, and the family relationships affected by multiple deployments.
Additionally, Nancy participated as one of three EMDR therapists in the first Warrior Camp®, a program of Trauma and Resiliency Resources, Inc. held in November 2013 in New Hampshire. The EMDR team included AJ Popky of California and Tima Priess of Alaska as well as a yoga instructor and equine therapy experts. This experience solidified her skills doing EMDR with veterans and active duty military clients.
Nancy now focuses on doing EMDR with clients with early trauma using the Early Trauma Protocol. The bulk of her time is spent consulting to EMDR therapists.
Advanced EMDR Trainings
- Healing the Heart of Trauma with EMDR and Ego State Therapy by Carol Forgash, LCSW
- Feeling State Addiction Protocol by Robert Miller, Ph.D
- EMDR and Health Related Problems: Treating the Traumas that Compromise Healing by Carol Forgash, LCSW
- Toward an Embodied Self: Attachment, Dissociation and EMDR by Ulrich Lanius, Ph.D
- EMDR in the Treatment of Complex Trauma, for Clients with Symptoms of Addictive and Compulsive Behaviors by Susan Brown, LCSW, BCD, and AJ Popky, Ph.D, LMFT
- Mindfulness, Meditation and EMDR by Julie Greene, LPC
- EMDR Toolbox: EMDR Related Methods of Safely Targeting Psychological Defenses in Clients with Complex PTSD by Jim Knipe, Ph.D
- Where There are No Words: Targeting Early Trauma Held in Implicit Memory with EMDR by Katie O’Shea, MS, LCPC
- EMDR Children’s Training by Robert Tinker, Ph.D and Sandra Wilson, Ph.D
- EMDR Case Supervision by Robert Tinker, Ph.D and Sandra Wilson, Ph.D
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children by Robbie Adler-Tappia, Ph.D and Carolyn Settle, MSW, LCSW
- Step by Step: Making EMDR Treatment Effective and Developmentally Appropriate for Children and Adolescents by Ana Gomez, MC, LPC
- Memory Reconsolidation, the Flash Technique and EMDR, Basic and Advanced, by Philip Manfield
- Treating Dissociative Disorders with EMDR – The Progressive Approach by Dolores Mosquera
- EMDR Therapy for Suicidal Clients and Self-harming Behaviors by Dolores Mosquera
- Easy Ego State Interventions by Robin Shapiro
- Simplifying Complex PTSD: New Treatment Approaches by Ad DeJongh and Suzy Mattieson
- EMDR 2.0: An Enhanced Version of EMDR Therapy by Ad DeJongh and Suzy Mattieson
EMDRIA Annual Conferences
- 2010 – Minneapolis, MN
- 2013 – Austin, TX
- 2014 – Denver, CO
- 2016 – Minneapolis, MN
Specialized Treatment Settings:
- Warrior Support Center, Colorado Springs – Outpatient Clinic treating active duty soldiers and their families.
- Warrior Camp®, a program of Trauma and Resiliency Resources, Inc. New Hampshire – First week-long treatment camp for veterans featuring daily EMDR, equestrian therapy, and yoga.